Basic Mashed Potatoes
Published 2022-09-12 18:44 UTC on Yaroslav's recipe book
I have already written in the past a recipe for mashed potatoes, so why would I need another? Well, sometimes a man just wants mashed potatoes as a side dish that is simpler, so as not to distract from the main dish. So here be the more classical version of mashed potatoes, to be served with many a different dish!
The following ingredients are for about two servings:
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 75ml milk
- 20g Butter
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into manageable pieces.
- In a pot, pour enough water so that it covers the potatoes, and boil them for about 20-30 minutes or until they are soft.
- Remove potatoes from water (or water from pot).
- Add warm (not cold!) milk and butter, mash and mix.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste and mash and mix a bit more.