Published 2022-09-12 on Yaroslav's recipe book
A somewhat elaborate but very delicious recipe that originates from XIX century Russia. Best served with mashed potatoes.
The following ingredients are for two hearty servings:
- 400g lean beef
- 5 champignon mushrooms
- 150g sour cream
- 1tbsp mustard
- Wheat flour
- Black pepper
- Cut the mushroom into thin slices.
- Cut the beef into relatively thin bite-sized pieces by cutting perpendicular to the meat's fibers.
- Dust beef pieces with flour and salt.
- Heat up some butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms, fry for a couple of minutes.
- While the mushrooms are getting fried, mix sour cream, mustard, salt, pepper in a bowl.
- After letting the juice from the mushrooms out, add their juice to the mix and mix well, let fry for another couple of minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan to medium-high heat and add some butter.
- Add the beef to the frying pan and fry it for about 5 minutes mixing from time to time.
- Add the sauce mix to the saucepan with the mushrooms, stew over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Once beef and sauce are done, pour the sauce into the frying pan with the beef and stew for about 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and let it rest that way for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and have a nice meal!
© 2018—2023 Yaroslav de la Peña Smirnov.