Spaghetti alla Bolognese
Published 2022-03-29 21:09 UTC on Yaroslav's recipe book
A really fast and delicious pasta recipe. Probably the most well known pasta recipe around the world.1
The following ingredients are for two hearty adult portions:
- 400g ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 200g spaghetti
- 600–800g tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Basil; optionally some fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Add olive oil to frying pan and heat to medium heat.
- Dice onion and add to pan.
- After frying the onions for a couple of minutes add the ground beef and salt it a bit.
- While beef is cooking boil some water in a pot. After bringing water to a boil, salt it add spaghetti and cook it al dente.
- Once beef is done, add tomato sauce, add some dried oregano and basil mix and let stew for about 3–5 minutes at medium-low heat.
- Once spaghetti is done, drain it and add some olive oil to it.
- Serve spaghetti first, then Bolognese sauce (beef and tomato sauce).
- Optionally top with grated Parmesan, freshly ground pepper, and a couple fresh basil leaves.
Except probably Italy itself. Yes, this recipe is not actually Italian, per se.